SFGATE: Credit card technology transition is trying for travelers

Credit card technology transition is trying for travelers"
Published on February 26, 2019 at 10:28PM by Chris McGinnis

When traveling in other countries, I frequently feel a little behind the times when it comes to paying with credit cards. I watch Europeans in sidewalk cafes pay for their drinks and meals almost effortlessly when waiters insert their credit cards into small mobile EMV processors, then ask customers to input their PIN number and/or a tip. Lately. I've seen them "tap to pay" at these terminals. Easy breezy! When I try to do that with my U.S-issued credit card, it's a problem. Waiters have to take the time to print out a tiny, curled up receipt and ask me to sign it. Whyyyy?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Findit (HD) - 200 Pictures --> Free